Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 In Review

Oh wow, 2012 has totally come and gone! And, I just realized some of my blog posts never actually posted. Instead of posting them late now, I'll just recap here real quick. Seriously, 2012 has been an amazing year for me, in terms of adding to my concert experiences! Looking back over my pictures and videos from the year, I think I went to over 30 or 40 concerts/radio events/festivals and met a lot of wonderful artists and friends along the way!

Over the past year, I have driven many miles and even flew to some places for concerts. Some unique experiences include meeting The Fray on their tour bus and having one of their drumsticks thrown right at me after the show, winning a M&G with Lady Antebellum, working the merch table for Rachel Platten and winning a soundcheck experience with Jon McLaughlin. When Lifehouse was in Boston for a radio show, I had someone tweet me that they had an extra ticket to the show and invited me, even though she didn't know me. Thanks to Sarah, I got to stand about 5 feet from Jason Wade for a half hour and then we got to take a picture with them afterwards. That was an exciting day!

I loved all my concert experiences and got to see a couple of my favorite artists multiple times but there were two concerts that were of special significance to me. My sister came with me to both of these concerts. The first one was for Anthem Lights in NH in June. That was a long day for Anthem Lights because they missed their flight due to a ticketing problem, I believe. I wasn't sure if they would make it, but they did. They managed to put on a great show without a proper soundcheck since they got there late. My sister and I got to meet the guys after the show and I told them I was the "gifter" of their acoustic EP (see my previous blog post for that story!) and they couldn't be happier to meet me! They were so appreciative. The reason that night was special was because one of the songs they sang that night was the popular worship song, "Here I Am To Worship." Funny how God works because the very next day, my husband (who is a worship leader at our church) had chosen that very song to be part of that morning's worship set, unbeknownst to me. For the next few weeks, my sister kept telling me how that song was on her mind. She's not Christian and does not listen to Christian music, so that meant a great deal to me.

The second unforgettable concert was The Proof of Your Love Tour with for King & Country, Dara MacLean and Jason Castro. My sister and I drove 3 hours to Maine in November to see them. Heavens to Betsy actually opened with a couple of songs, followed by Dara, fK&C and Jason. Everyone came back out for the final set and my favorite moment was when everyone sang "Hallelujah" with Jason (he sang it when he was on American Idol) and did such a wonderful job! We got to meet and chat with everyone after the show too. On our 3 hour drive back home, we listened to Dara's CD and I could tell that my sister was really enjoying it. I had also bought my sister one of the Priceless necklaces from fK&C, which has an Australian penny as the pendant to signify that women are so much more. I'm proud to say that she's been wearing that necklace ever since! It may not seem like much, but these little things with my sister means a lot to me and I pray that one day, she will believe!

Now, onward to 2013. Looking forward to many more concert experiences and praying for more time for me to write so I can share more often and in a timely manner! Happy concert-going to everyone! Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment